"We were all artists as children. We need to study the chaos around us in order to turn it into something beautiful. Something sustainable. Something that remains".

Monday, March 29, 2010

Tag Tuesday

The Theme this week
for Tag Tuesday is
 "Black and White"

I had some clip art that I thought
 would be perfect for this theme.
The small print on the advertisements
in the background on the tag
are about the "fashionable bustle"
and how it was to be worn! 

The era for this kind of fashion
was after the Civil War. 
Women had stopped wearing
the hoop petticoats by then
but were still tied up in
whale bone reinforced corsets!
 Fashion was not something to
be enjoyed but to be endured!

The pin that I inserted on the side of
the tag was one from a corsage
that I received a long time ago! 
The piece of lace came from one
of my daughter's dresses that she 
outgrew several years ago!

So from the past history to my history,
I was able to make a tag that would have
 it's own sentimental value someday
from the small accessories that I used
that were worn in our era of fashion.

One day, maybe,
my daughter's might think this tag 
 is quite valuable enough to keep
 for their daughters, to tell them of
the small piece of lace that used to
adorn the dress they both wore.


My Entry:





Thank you for looking at my art work. 
 Please come back and visit me again!
  Have a very pleasant day!


3 comments:

  1. I love your tag...and your post about it. If your daughters are anything like you, I'm sure they will be appreciative of all things related to their pasts:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful..

    Love your personal touches.. This is a tag to Cherish..

    I know I would.. Hugs, my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! It would be beautiful in a scrapbook, as well....and you didn't really have to save that whole dress! ;-) Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!