"We were all artists as children. We need to study the chaos around us in order to turn it into something beautiful. Something sustainable. Something that remains".

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Digital Whisper Challenge

Telephone Booth
 
Patti gave us another fun challenge this week that reminded me of so much of the streets of London where there is a shiny, red phone booth on every corner!!  So thinking of England,  I began gathering my images together to start working on my entry.

 I started working and soon the words to a familiar tune began to go through my head! Oh, what was it? I knew it was about outer space and came from the movie,  The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty but couldn't quite remember who sang the song... was it The Beatles...maybe another rock group? I looked up the soundtrack and of course, it was the song, Ground Control To Major Tom!

Now my question is...how did my mind go from Phone Booth to London to Aviator Hat to David Bowie To Major Tom? Like daydreaming, I guess, looking through kits and images takes me from one memory to another which quickly feeds my wild imagination and takes me to another world waiting to be explored!!!!

 
This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do
Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles
I'm feeling very still.
                                     ...David Bowie
 
 
Credits:  Itkupilli's Digital Kit Celeste, Lisa's Altered Art Digital Girls, Sherwood Digital Kit Passionate,  Cajoline Scraps Digital Kit London Elements

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!