"We were all artists as children. We need to study the chaos around us in order to turn it into something beautiful. Something sustainable. Something that remains".

Friday, April 9, 2010

FRIENDSHIP POSTCARD FRIDAY!!

Good Morning! 

Today Is  
"Friendship Postcard Friday"!!

My husband is having
knee surgery this morning! 
 His second one in fours years--
say a little prayer!
  I didn't have time to use
 the postcards that I wanted
 to share with you today!!
  I will try to share them
with you next week! 


Here is my Postcard for today:

Miss Penelope Peahen
 and her pretty pal,
Mr. Percival Peacock!


You can't help but notice
the stuffed peacock that is standing
next to the lady in the postcard!!

She is attractive in her
lovely peach dress
with the dark orange accents,
 sash and beret...
BUT,
  I think the most  fascinating part
of this postcard is the  peacock!
The tail feathers or "fan" looks to be
 at least four to five feet tall and
are spread so beautifully against
the back of the wall!

How does the bird support the
weight of the awesome feathers?
The taxidermist must have constructed
the bird with enough weight to keep
the body and feathers in tact--or the
photographer nailed the feathers to the wall!!
(Just Kidding)!!


  This is a photo of an
Blue Indian Peacock
 courting a Peahen!
Look at his gorgeous
 "fan" and tail span! 



Some Fascinating Facts:

The tail of the Peacock is 7 feet long and has
at last 80 feathers which take 3 years to
grow completely out from the tail feathers!


The Peacock seen in the postcard is
the Green Peafowl which breeds
from Burma east to Java.

The IUCN lists the Green Peafowl as
vulnerable to extinction due to hunting
and a reduction in extent
 and quality of habitat.

Have a great Friendship Postcard Day!

3 comments:

  1. Love the postcard my friend and also love the facts on the peacock. thanks for such a lovely post
    Hugs June xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kymberly,

    Your blog is looking so very pretty, I Love it..
    Hope your hubby is doing well.
    Sending prayers your way..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card! What a very pretty blog and its designs very pretty and amazing. I love it! Thanks for sharing me.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!

Dear friends, thanks so much for visiting my art blog!